I'm quite a big fan of Lauren Luke's, so when I had the opportunity to take a look at her palettes a few weeks ago at Sephora, I decided to buy one. The one that attracted me the most was the "My Smokey Classics."
- 2 Eyeshadow Primers ("dark" and "light")
- 1 Small Eyeshadow in Antique Pewter (pearly black with silver glitter and sparkles)
- 1 Small Eyeshadow in Cashmere Cream (pearly pinky-cream color)
- 1 Large Eyeshadow in Twilight Ash (shimmery purple-taupe... if you're familiar with MAC, this makes me think of a lighter version of Shale married with Satin Taupe... to me, this is the tour de force in this palette!)
- 1 Cream Eyeliner in Raven Black (creamy black)
- 1 Blush in Peach Glow (warm-toned rose with some slight shimmer)
- 2 Lippies (Plumberry - midtone warm pink; Cranberry Stain - pretty berry color)
The price is reasonable ($32.50USD), and the palette contains everything you need for multiple looks, ranging from natural to playful, to sultry. You can really work with the colors to make it your own (hence the title of this post.) It also has a large mirror, so it's great for travel. Here in the pic above, I am at work, so I'm wearing a very natural look... dark primer all over the eye... Twilight Ash on the lid... Cashmere Cream on the browbones... Antique Pewter in the outer corners... Raven Black to line.
I am not, however, wearing either of the lippies. I didn't want to carry the entire palette with me today, or carry a lip brush. The lipstick formulations are quite nice, though -- go on smoothly. Everything in this palette is very pigmented and pretty high quality. The only thing that I don't love so much is the eyeshadow base, as I do find that it does make the shadow crease a little bit.
To purchase this palette, please visit:
Aside from Lauren's palette, I am wearing:
Lancome Dual Finish in Matte Linen I (which I have reviewed previously)
Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivoire (which I have already reviewed)
Guerlain Le 2 Mascara (reviewed previously)
Dior Smoky Jazz (brow color only) (reviewed before)
Dolce & Gabbana The Shine Lipstick in Soiree (previously reviewed)
Have a great weekend!