Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Compact (so right, yet so wrong!)

This is a fairly new offering from Lancome, and uses the "optical" technology that Photogenic has always employed. This is supposed to diffuse light and make the skin look luminous and beautiful.
The compact is quite nice, with a separate compartment for the sponge, and retails for $42. It is available in 11 colors, which is a decent range, but nothing for very, very pale people or very, very dark-skinned gals. For example, I am light-medium, and I was matched with Buff-2W. This foundation does have SPF18, which is great for the extra protection.

The texture is soft and lightweight, and sort of glides across the face. The coverage is about medium; I still needed concealer, but it really evened out my skin tone. It really blends in well into the skin, and feels quite natural. Even though it is oil-free, unfortunately, since it is really intended for Normal-to-Dry skin, it didn't work well for my Combination skin. It literally melted off of my T-zone, even when I used primer, and by mid-day, I had streaks all over my forehead.

Quite sad... but if you have dry skin, do try this out. This is quite a beautiful foundation for anyone who doesn't have an oil problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment