Friday, August 21, 2009

Breakdown for My Profile Pic (bigger pic inside)


This pic was part of a series of different makeup looks I did for a "photoshoot" that Jarrett wanted to do. This looks was supposed to be glowy, very neutral, sort of reminiscent of a Calvin Klein ad. Here, I am wearing:


FACE

Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivoire (which I've reviewed before)

CARGO Liquid Powder in Beige

I got this some time ago as part of a value set from Sephora, but never used it much. When purchased by itself, it retails for $22, which is not cheap. The premise of Liquid Powder is as a multi-tasking product -- a primer, a setting "powder," or as a touch-up "powder." It has an interesting texture, because even though it is a liquid format, it applies with a powdery finish. The finish is matte, but it has lots of shimmer in it (which you can kind of see in this pic) to give the skin some dimension.

Unfortunately, if you are allergic or sensitive to silicones, this may not be for you. Even though this product is oil-free, it has lots of -cones to give it a good amount of slip.

Chanel Bronzer (from the Summer 2009 collection, which I have reviewed before.) This has 4 different colors that you can mix to create darker or peachier shades.


EYES

MAC Eyeshadow in Omega (which I've reviewed before) to fill in the brows. I made the brows a lot thicker than they naturally are.

Bobbi Brown Nude Eye Palette

This palette contains 6 "nude" colors and retails for $60. What's great about her new palettes and packaging is that everything is interchangeable and refillable. My confidence in BB was restored when I purchased this, as I stopped using her brand some time ago which just didn't seem that interesting to me anymore.

The colors n this palette are:

Navajo (matte bone), Pebble (metallic silvery-taupe), Chino (matte grayish-taupe), Beige Linen (light shimmer khaki beige), Maple Sugar (metallic honey-bronze), Caviar (matte dark, deep brown-black).

The textures are all very smooth, even the metallic ones, and I think this palette is versatile enough to create lots of different work looks and also take those looks into a smokier, night-time look.

Here, I am wearing the Maple Sugar color from lashline to crease, and then under the lower lashlines. I really packed it on, and as you can see, this does not look orangey at all. I also used the Caviar to line the upper and lower lashlines.

Estee Lauder Turbolash Mascara (one of my HG mascaras, which I've reviewed already.)


LIPS

I wanted a really nude lip, but nothing too matte or washed-out looking, and I didn't want to use a gloss. Here, I blended two MAC lipsticks in order to get the effect that I wanted.

MAC Satin Lipstick in Myth

This applies fairly matte, and like other MAC Satin finish lipsticks, can be a bit drying on its own. Myth is an opaque, light peachy-beige color. It's sort of a peachier version of a concealer color, to be quite honest. I like the look, but it shows every little imperfection or line in your lip, which can be frustrating.

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme D'Nude

The Cremesheens are quite soft in texture, and the finish is glossier than the Lustre finishes. However, I do find it is less long-lasting on the lips than the Lustres, and there is the same sort of issue where is shows every little imperfection in the lip. Creme d'Nude in tone is pinker than Myth, and is described by MAC as a "pale muted peach beige." In fact, it's quite similar to Myth, just different texture and opacity.


This was fun, and I think definitely a look that I might wear to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment