Friday, April 17, 2009

Phytodefrisant


When I don't get Japanese hair straightening, my hair is quite wavy and has a tendency to frizz a bit, especially at the roots, which is quite unattractive. Enter Phytodefrisant. This was my first Phyto product, and I love how Phyto's products are all naturally derived.

This comes from plant origins, and is odorless. The consistency is gel-like, and somewhat clear-ish. You apply generously to sopping wet hair and comb through from roots to ends. For my hair, which is about shoulder-length and quite thick, I use about a quarter-sized dab for the entire head.

I normally dry with a blowdryer, and this leaves my hair feeling very smooth and looking quite healthy without adding any extra weight. I wash my hair every other day, so the non-frizzy effects last even in humid, rainy days till the next wash.

Phytodefrisant comes in 3 different sizes, but all in aluminum squeeze tubes. The packaging is definitely not elite or super attractive, but it is quite simple and relatively environmentally-friendly. The largest is 5.9 ounces, and retails for $34USD. The next size down is 3.3 ounces and retails for $26USD. If you just want to try it, there is a travel size which I've seen at Sephora, that retails for about $12USD and lasts quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment