Monday, April 27, 2009

I Need Proof!


Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Styling Cream for Medium to Thick Hair (wow, that is a mouthful!) is a fairly new product release designed to fight frizziness and make hair smooth. Since I do have processed, highlighted hair and naturally wavy hair, I was intrigued by this product, particularly since is was invented by MIT scientists.
According to Sephora's website:

"Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Styling Cream for Medium to Thick Hair offers the first new anti-frizz technology in over 30 years. No Frizz addresses the two causes of frizz—humidity and friction. It provides a superior, extremely thin humidity barrier on hair, while reducing surface friction. The result is the most effective, lightweight frizz fighter on the market today. Hair is left sleek and manageable without becoming greasy or heavy.

No Frizz formulas efficiently deliver PolyfluoroEster to the surface of the hair in one even, perfect layer—devoid of any extraneous additives. This advanced styling aid works great on color-treated hair and is terrific for smoothing split ends. No Frizz also repels dirt and oil so you can go longer between shampoos. "

The ingredients list is fairly short:

Water, PolyfluoroEster, Myristyl Alcohol, Polyacrylate-13, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid.

I purchased the 2.0 ounce travel size for $14USD, which is a decent price for the results. There definitely is no greasiness, and it does not weigh down the hair. The scent is fresh and pleasant. I've been applying to towel-dried hair (it says to apply a quarter-sized amount), blowdrying, and then flat-ironing to set it. Thus far, I've been left with smooth strands that stay that way. until my next shampoo.

I do notice that my hair is a teensy bit stiff when I use this, and not glossy or extremely shiny, unlike when I use Phytodefrisant (which I also reviewed.) Comparatively, I do prefer the Phyto, especially since Phyto is vegetable based.


No comments:

Post a Comment