Sunday, July 12, 2009

YSL Matt Touch Primer


My skin is quite oily, especially in the T-zone, and now that the weather is warmer, I've noticed that I look like a light bulb -- not hot! I've tried a lot of different things, and since I heard good stuff about the YSL Matt Touch oil-free primer, I decided to give it a shot.

This retails for $42USD for a 1-ounce tube, which is really quite pricey, considering the other primers that I have used in the past (NARS and MAC) are significantly cheaper. It's quite worth the money, though. I only apply it to my T-zone, since I was forewarned that this can dry out your skin if you have normal-dry skin. I use about a pea-size amount, so given the somewhat small size of the tube, I can still see one tube lasting me a whole year. It's quite "siliconey" feeling, and it basically mattifies on contact. There is a fresh scent to it (I always love the YSL fragrances that they use in their cosmetics) -- but it fades away after a little while, and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I was also worried that it would clog my pores, but I haven't had any issue with that.

The mattification lasts for about 7 hours max with a liquid foundation on top, so I definitely still have to blot by the afternoon, but it does keep me from my dreaded light bulb effect for the bulk of the day. I do have to note that this works better with liquid foundations than with powder ones. If you apply powder directly atop this, it does look a bit cakey and not as smooth. My favorite foundation to use on top of this is YSL's Perfect Touch (which I will review later.)

Overall, a good purchase for me, and a mainstay in my daily routine.
Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cyclomethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Ci 77019 (Mica), Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxyapatite, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance, Polydodecanamideaminium Triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, Zinc Oxide

No comments:

Post a Comment