Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday, Plain and Simple


I worked out yesterday for the first time in a week, so I was sooooo tired this morning! I didn't bother to wear much makeup today, so this is what I look like at least 2 work days a week!


Also, for some reason, I have a really bad lens glare from the sun in this pic, which is annoying!


I am wearing...


FACE

Cle de Peau concealer (which I've reviewed previously)


Shiseido Powdery Foundation in I20 Natural Light Ivory.

The name makes it seem like it would be very "powdery," but it actually applies quite naturally and doesn't make your face look like it's dipped in flour. It comes in 10 colors, none of which are super-dark, unfortunately, but for the most part, the colors are decent and not too pink or orange. It also has SPF 15, which is great for that extra protection. The finish is sort of a soft, radiant matte. It doesn't offer a huge amount of coverage, but it's definitely enough for the day, and you could always layer it on top of a liquid foundation. I think you can use this wet or dry, but I prefer to use it dry. I do get oily breakthrough by lunchtime, so it isn't super-effective for controlling oil, but I think it does make it quite versatile for skintypes ranging from dry to normal to combination.

The compact is refillable, which is quite environmentally friendly. When you buy the powder refills, it also comes with a new sponge, which is helpful. The compact has a mirror and a separate compartment for the sponge, and it retails for $8USD. The powder is $29.50, which is quite reasonable, all things considered.

Overall, this is quite a nice foundation, and I would repurchase again. To those who are sensitive to scents, there is initially a floral scent, but it fades away shortly after application.


CARGO Blush in Topeka

These blushes have since been discontinued by CARGO, which is quite a shame, because I think they had a good selection of blushes. Like other CARGO blushes, this goes on quite smoothly, though I feel it is a little less pigmented. In the pan, Topeka is a neutral plum-mauve color, sort of like a cooler-toned bronzer, and has some light shimmer to it. It's not my favorite color, but it is quite neutral and goes well with smokey eyes or just when you don't want to emphasize your cheeks. These used to retail for $24, which is rather pricey for a blush, but the containers are pretty large and last a long time.


EYES

Stila Browset (which I reviewed yesterday.)

Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero (reviewed yesterday.)

L'Oreal Volume Collagene Mascara (I will review this later this week.)


LIPS

MAC Lipglass in Virgin Kiss (Which I have reviewed previously.)


So there you go... my 5-minute face!

No comments:

Post a Comment