Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hump Day!


Once again, I didn't do any exciting looks, but here is what I am wearing in the picture:


FACE

Cle de Peau Concealer (reviewed before)

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in C2.

I have a love-hate relationship with this one. Even though it is reasonably priced at $26USD, I don't really think it's the perfect product for me. It comes with a sponge, and applies quite thick and powdery, so you kind of have to wait for it to "settle" into your face and mesh with your skin. Additionally, I've never been able to find a perfect match in MAC, despite the numerous colors they offer. The C2 is a tad too light for me, but the C3 is too dark and yellow. I've also tried the NC20, NC25, NC30, and NC35 (depending on how tan I was), and for some reason, with the NC line, I had issues with it turning a bit orange on the skin as the day went on. Even when I tried it with the MAC Prep & Prime primer, I had this issue.

That being said, this is a decent powder foundation. It offers ample coverage, you can apply it quickly in the morning, and you can also use it to touch up during the day if necessary. It does not control oilies, so I still have to blot mid-day, but I didn't have issues with breakouts with this, which was good. Overall, I do prefer some of my higher-end powder foundations, but this is an acceptable alternative.

YSL Jaipur Highlighting Powder

This one is way old... I think it came out in like 2006 (can't remember exactly.) It was one of the limited edition highlighting/bronzing powders that was released. The base color is a peachy shimmery bronze, and then there is a paisley pattern of gold and pink interlaced. The overall color blended is a soft golden-peach. In this picture, it is hardly noticeable, but in person, it just gives the skin a subtle lift. It's not a must-have, and for a more dramatic effect, I do prefer the MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes, but the packaging and design of this compact is quite appealing.


EYES

Stila Browset (reviewed before)

DiorShow Blackout Mascara (reviewed before)

Bourjois Effet Duochrome Eyeliner Pencil - I forget the color, but it is a dark blue.

I got this eyeliner from my dear friend Aurelie, as it seems that we are no longer able to purchase Bourjois stateside, since Sephora US stopped carrying the brand. This is a really pretty eyeliner -- again, it's hard to see in the picture, but it's a dark blue with a violet-y duochrome to it. It's dark enough to define the eye, but colorful enough to give it some pop. I don't use it in the waterline or inner eye, because I'm not sure if it would irritate my eye, but along my lashline, this does last all day with minimal smudging, and it applies very smoothly. Overall, I really like this a lot and can't wait to use the plum one that Aurelie has given me also.


LIPS

MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar

The MAC Lustreglasses are some of my favorite glosses. I like these better than the lipglasses because the consistency is thinner, and it has a brush applicator (vs. a doe foot) for more precise application. Love Nectar is a light, peachy-apricot color with some gold shimmer and glitter. It's quite sheer, so it lets your natural lip color shine through, and in my case, it warms the natural pink tone in my lip and blends to a nice peachy-pink color. I find the shine and shimmer also make my lips look sort of juicy and plump. It's great to wear on its own or over top a lipliner. For about $14USD, this is not a bad deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment