Saturday, May 9, 2009

Laneige Sliding Pact SPF 24


I discovered Laneige on a trip to H-Mart, a Korean supermarket chain. Being addicted to makeup, I always make time to look at makeup, even when I am grocery shopping with my mom! This retailed for $26USD, but I signed up for their mailing list and got $5 off, so I paid $21 for it, which is not bad at all!

The color that I got was "Natural No. 2" -- it looks quite peach in the pan, but it blends quite translucently into my NC20-25 light beige skin. It gives a decent amount of coverage for something that is supposed to be a pressed powder without looking heavy. Used alone, it does sort of "set" the skin, and I also like using it atop foundationed skin to give it a more finished effect.

The version that I got was the "moisture" one which comes in the purple compact, and it blends in softly, with no chalkiness at all. However, the caveat is that it does not control oil. I think they make an oil-control version of this, which I did not try.

It comes in a cell-phone sized compact -- in fact, it looks like a cell phone and even has that little hook in the back where you can hook on your trinkets and cell phone baubles. The front is completely mirrored, which is great because you can actually see your entire face. The powder slides out, and then you can lift it to expose a plush velvety sponge underneath. The back of the compact is a metallic light purple, which is sort of overly-girly for me, but this powder does come with a little gray pouch that you can put it inside. The compact is designed by a Samsung phone designer, Kim Yong Se, so that explains some things.

Overall, a nice powder, and my interest in Laneige has been piqued. I also purchased one of their foundations, which I will review.

No comments:

Post a Comment